Developed by osteopathic physician John Upledger, Craniosacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and improving the functioning of the craniosacral system, which is made up of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. The craniosacral system extends from the bones of the skull, the cranium, down to the sacrum, or tailbone.
Using a soft touch usually no greater than 5 grams, or the weight of a nickel, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to allow the central nervous system to function better. The delicate manipulations of Craniosacral Therapy are so subtle and relaxing that most clients relax deeply or sleep during their sessions.
Liza began her training with the Upledger Institute in 2000, and has been both practicing and benefiting from regular sessions herself ever since!
Conditions which may be improved with Craniosacral Therapy include:
- Central Nervous System Disorders e.g. Alzheimers, Parkinson’s, MS
- Emotional Difficulties e.g. Depression, Stress, PTSD
- Digestive and Hormonal Problems e.g. Colitis, PMS
- Chronic Pain e.g. Headaches, Neck and Back Pain, Fibromyalgia, TMJ
- Infantile Disorders and Learning Disabilities e.g. Colic, ADD
- Orthopedic Problems and Motor Coordination Impairments e.g. Scoliosis, CP
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- And Many Other Conditions
Learn more about Craniosacral Therapy!
Learn more about SomatoEmotional Release! (link coming)